Sunday, May 4, 2014

A different kind of excitement

When you love someone so much, all your priorities and excitements start to change. They become something you probably never expected you would get excited about.

This evening, Shane got a call from one of the sargeants telling him he needed to be at work by 6am instead of 9 because he is taking the ranger pt test. "What does that mean?" you might ask.

It means he is going to Ranger school.

This is what he has been wanting since day one of joining and what he has worked so hard for.  This is one of the hardest schools to go through and opens the doors to so much more when completed. This is an avenue to be in a leadership position and be able to share the gospel to the men who will be looking up to him. It is a way for him to lead not only militarily, but spiritually! It has been shane's deepest desire.  He has worked so hard.

To give you a better idea of what it takes to even be allowed a slot into ranger school, most men dont get to go until after their first deployment and then it goes by how long you have been in the battalion usually.

Shane has been on zero deployments and has been here 3 months.

He is the hardest worker I know. He truly does everything to his best ability to further the kingdom of God and my heart could not be more grateful. He is a light not only to me but to all the men who watch him. He goes the extra mile and has been noticed for it. That and having the best physical training score helps too haha.

So here I am, after nine months of being away from each other, we finally got these past two months together. And now he will be leaving for 10 + weeks with little to no contact.

 I couldn't be more excited!
I am so thrilled because I know what it means to him and I know what it means to God. 

Who would have guessed I would be so excited for this? I was certainly surprised by it ha. Its crazy how love changes your heart's desires. Christ's love for me makes me want to show shane some of that love in my everyday actions. My support being one of those actions. It makes me desire to support him as he is being used by God. Im so excited for where this journey will take us. Even if I dont know where that might be just yet. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment